Thursday, November 15, 2007

Illdom


Well, I don't know if illdom is a proper word but it would describe where I have been for the past week! I started with a sore throat last Wednesday, and by Thursday, I could barely swallow liquid, AND I'd started with a cold too! I don't normally get throat illnesses so it was most unpleasant, and I worry in case it spreads to my chest and aggravates my asthma. Colds I can deal with, but to get both has been horrendous!!!! I was really floored by the whole thing, and was bed-ridden for days, feeling like all the different medications I had acquired were doing nothing at all! When it finally did subside on Monday, I was left with a phenomenal amount of congestion, and I still can't get rid of it! I feel totally blocked up, and it's giving me a headache, so I think I'm going to have to invest in yet more medication to get rid of it! So I'm not amused, but it has made me paranoid about ever getting that ill again so I ordered a ton of fruit and veg this week and plan to consume it!

Tomorrow, I'm going in to town to start having a look at stuff for Christmas. Might get a few presents, in fact I'll have to get a lot cos my puppy will be coming to live at Pandah Palace on the 2nd of December! When he arrives, I'll pretty much have to stay in the house for a month or so, cos I can't leave him on his own, but he can't go out too much til he's had all his injections. I usually buy stuff from t'interweb, but because I don't work anymore, I thought I'd make the most of weekday shopping, and see if I can beat the crowds to some nice stuff. Hefty and I only really buy little things at Christmas, restricting ourselves to a budget of 50 squids, because we both have our birthdays in December (which we think are more important), and we spend lots of money all year round, so we treat Christmas as being mainly about eating, chilling out, watching TV, eating, and doing a bit of eating now and then. So, I only have to buy for my sister, her husband, the Biz, and a couple of friends! Brilliant! I'm going to the company Christmas party on the 11th (I think) and we'll be doing secret Santa, so I don't have to buy stuff for ALL my work chums either which is good. Also, they then don't feel like they have to buy for me, which would be a Brucie Bonus, as I don't give to receive, but people feel obliged. I hope I get some lovely things, and if I do, will be sure to share them with you! As in, what I bought, you can't have my presents!

So, as I mentioned, puppy is coming soon - very exciting!! I've bought a shed-load of stuff for him, it's like getting a new baby! He's going to be one spoiled pup! I'm waiting for the breeder to send me a photo of him, I hope it comes soon! Because I'll have to stay in for a month or so (apart from my Christmas party and a trip to the theatre to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe), Hefty bought me my birthday present early. It's a spanky fab Mulberry handbag, with matching purse, and I love it! It gets harder to think of things you want when you get older, and because we buy a lot of stuff anyway, it doesn't help! But I really wanted this, so I'm well chuffed! As I'm getting the puppy the day before my birthday, I feel like I'm getting 2 presents - I'm a lucky Pandah! :0)



Looking forward to the return of The Mighty Boosh tonight, just wish they wouldn't put it on so late! 10.30pm?! I'll struggle to stay up but I'll have to cos it's on BBC3! Children in Need's on tomorrow, which essentially means there's nothing on TV so we'll have to watch a DVD. Friday night is the only night we really watch TV so it's annoying when the whole evening's entertainment gets pushed aside for utter crap. I know it's a charity thing, but I'd rather just donate some money than have to sit through newsreaders stripping and people like Westlife singing crapper songs than usual. Rubbish!

Anyway, dinner time! Ciao for now!

iP

P.S. I think I'm going to call my dog Brillo, cos he looks a bit like a Brillo pad! I think it's cute yet amusing! And original!

2 comments:

Tim said...

Awwwwww… Little Brillo is going to be well cute! Hope you're feeling better by the time he arrives - the little bugger will get quite a shock if you say hello and sneeze in his face!

iPandah said...

He'll have to get used to it, I sneeze a hell of a lot all year round!!!