Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Forceps and other tales


Well I've been busy again! I really should blog more often, with regular little snippets of information rather than mahoossive postings that look like too much effort to read! I shall do a brief summary and try harder in future:

1. Went on another mad cleaning frenzy last week, and discovered how much lovelier houses look when they have clean windows!

2. Saw my Grandpa who marvelled at my opening of the carton of Tropicana they'd struggled with all week.

3. Bought a new clock for our mantel piece - modern yet antiquey (I think so anyway).



4. Designed our new kitchen and got very excited, just need to save up a bit of money now!

5. Went out for dinner with some friends and had the nicest Hawaiian pizza I've had in AAGES.


That could be about it.......Ooh, I'm not sure if I blogged about my cousin's baby? Well, earlier in the year (I can't remember when), my cousin's girlfriend had a baby boy, and they called him 'River'. Hmm. So, now, my other cousin (his brother) and his girlfriend have also had a baby, and they've called him 'Blue.' So it just goes to show, being posh isn't good for you, or your children.

Today, Ming and I went to the Thackray Medical Museum, which was random, and wholly enjoyable. I now know what an iron lung does, how to amputate limbs, all about different types of medical instruments, and that no matter where you go, the gift shop is always full of tat. There were at least 3 groups of school kids in as well, and they were all mutants! They were all above 6 ft, even the girls, we felt like we were in Land of the Giants. There were also sections where they'd tried to recreate Victorian streets and houses, the kind where you walk through and everything stinks of shit. It was really good though, and we did lots of laughing. Especially in the limb section where they had a list of famous amputees. We only knew Heather Mills, but the others seemed to have actually achieved stuff, rather than just marrying a Beatle. Afterwards, we went to Burger King, mmmmm. It was a brill day, only marred by the headache I acquired just after I'd left Ming's house. Still it seems to have worn off now, probably thanks to the gel Ibruprofen (?) thingys I took.

Anyway, it's my birthday next Monday, that seems to have come round quickly! I'll be 28 - aagh! Getting the puppy on Sunday though, much more exciting! Still no name, nobody can agree, Hefty doesn't like Brillo, my Mum thinks he should have a good strong upper class name, it's a mare. I'm hoping he really looks like something or I'm buggered. Maybe I should ask my cousins, they seem to be quite good at coming up with unusual names

My friend's coming for dinner tomorrow night, she's lovely so I'm really looking forward to it :0)

So that's my news summed up. I shall try and be better, I just seem to start doing stuff and before I know it, time has run out!!

I'm rubbish.

iP

3 comments:

Tim said...

I actually quite like Blue… it's an intriguing name. River, maybe not so - just makes me think of River Phoenix.

You should've tried your newfound amputation skills on the mutant kids!

iPandah said...

It just makes me think of:

Blue Movies
Peter Kay - "Bit 'o blue for the Dads"
Blue - the band
Three Colours Blue
Thin Blue Line
Little Boy Blue
Blue Velvet
Blues music

Also, if he suffers from depression, it'll almost be like he was destined to do so. I just think people will take the piss out of him :0(

Tim said...

OK, how about Magenta?