Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Travelling Blogger*


Well my GB book has arrived! I have yet to open it, but I know I haven't ordered anything else from Amazon! I actually need to get on with some guitar playing, because there is now a need for me to do some crunching......

On Sunday, our rehearsal was most triumphant! Down with the Sickness was storming, much to the surprise of us all! But it was also semi-decided that perhaps we didn't need another band member after all. I can't remember what I have written about the band on here, but when we first formed, the original plan was to have a 50/50 split vocally between me and and a guy called Mike, but Mike left after the first rehearsal cos he got a job in London. So then I did all the singing, but Padical (the guitarist and founder) was still on the look out for someone else. He then decided an extra guitarist would be good too so he looked for someone who could do both. He found someone who we all met a couple of times, but then Padical decided that he wanted me to do most of the vocals, then on Sunday, after the guy left (we've only met him, he's not played with us yet) everyone decided that it might be best if we just stayed as we were, because we work really well together, and bringing someone in at this stage might mess up the dynamic. Also, because I pulled off Sickness and Beautiful People, it is the general consensus that I can pretty much sing anything! Yay! I think that means I am loved.........!! :0) Also though, if the new guy only had a bit of singing to do, and not that much guitar stuff, it would be kind of shitty on him. It's not really fair to expect someone to only join in for a few songs out of 40!! So, Padical said that perhaps I could do the filler bits, which I'm going to have a bloody good go at!!! Slightly scared, but up for the challenge! Also, it makes me look cool! Check me out, I've turned into an egomaniac, clearly I was born to be a rock star!!!! :0)

Going to see Scars on Broadway with Ming on Sunday. I'm not a System of a Down fan really, I like the odd song but I can take them or leave them, but SOB is a band with SOAD members Daron Malakian and John Dolmayan in it. He lent me the album and I listened to half of the first song and thought, 'Ooh no.' Since then however, I have listened to the whole album about 4 times, and I actually do like them after all! So we're off to see them, which I'm excited about cos I've not been to a gig for ages.

Recently I have been listening to Curve, and I really like them. I got the Greatest Hits album off Padical, but I'm eager to borrow the rest of the albums because they were one of those bands I always thought I should listen to, but never did. I do remember going into HMV about ten years ago and picking up Come Clean. But it was £18.99 (remember when CDs cos that much?!!) and at the time, I only had a Saturday job, which paid £20.00 per week, and I wasn't willing to give up that much poundage to take a risk on a band I'd never heard. Instead I saved up my money and bought Death to the Pixies on Limited Edition 10 inch Vinyl, which I have NEVER played! Ha! How ridiculous of me, I am guilty of so many random acts that I always look back and think, what did I do that for?!!

I am writing this from the living room of my next-door neighbour's house. She, well, they, there are two of them! THEY are having some fitted wardrobes put it, but are both doctors and have difficulty getting time off. I sometimes sit here and house-sit whilst they have people in, which suits me fine, nice to get out! Anyway, as we live in a mews townhouse thingy, and their lounge is directly adjacent to ours, I figured that my MacBook would probably work here, and I'm delighted to say that it does!!! Alas, I can also hear Ozzy barking, which is terrible! I never knew the little punk was so noisy when I went out!! Actually, it's not that bad, he only does it when people walk through the field behind our house, and he does that when I'm in anyway so it's probably not as bad as I thought. It's not even that loud either, I'm just being paranoid!



Right, speaking of young Oswald, it's time I nipped back to check on him. And shut him up!

:0) iP

* Clearly I haven't travelled very far, but I have travelled none the less!

2 comments:

Tim said...

Is that their lounge? Did you post a picture of their lounge!?!

I hope so.

iPandah said...

Dude, no way! It's actually your lounge, it's what it looks like after you've gone to bed and before you get up! Like a sort of Narnia.....