Friday, September 12, 2008

Nothing interesting


Well now, I have a fair few new songs to learn for the band, and some of them have been rather surprising. For a start, Down with the Sickness was thrown into the mix, which made me attempt to sneak a cheeky Korn song in there (well they are my favourites). I managed to score a hit with Here to Stay, and then Land of Confusion (the Disturbed version) and Beautiful People came into it, which led us all down a very sordid path of death and destruction....so, I am UBER excited!!! It has been suggested that the freaky shouting bit in the middle of Sickness is left out, which I don't suppose is the end of the world, but other than that I am delighted to be singing my favourite songs! The other set list we had was substantial but inoffensive, so it's nice to have some edgy alternatives to throw in there. Yay!!!

Recently, I have been doing NOTHING of interest, which won't surprise anyone. I've mainly been trying to learn new songs, and sort out some of my own because I desperately want to make some original music. Ideally, I'd like an originals band, but I'm not sure how to go about it, so my initial plan was to just plough some stuff into Garageband and see what happened. I bought a new guitar (pictured at top) but I have never used Garageband so I don't know what to do with it, and I haven't actually put it on my Mac yet either, it's still in the study somewhere with the rest of the iLife Appley goodness. Progress = SLOW.

Yesterday, I went to see my friend as she had a baby at the end of July, and I needed to have a nosy at the little fella. He was very cute, and we decided to go out for lunch to the nearby village. It was all good, until we tried to leave. EPIC FAIL! Her power-steering broke, we couldn't move the car, and this warning alarm kept coming on. We had to phone the breakdown people, and explain that we had a 6 week old baby in the car, hoping they'd rush. No such luck, 2 hours later they rolled up and reset it all by unplugging the battery! FFS!! We managed to keep baby happy and reasonably quiet, but I have to say, as someone who doesn't sit in pubs very often, it felt like a lifetime spending three hours in there. The staff were very nice, and kept the juice and coffee flowing, but I started to flag after a while, and my eyes were hurting. The RAC dude drove us back to her house, in the car so he could see what happened. Nothing happened. Typical. Then the RAC dude said he was going to walk back to the pub car-park cos he didn't think it was that far. We did, but I didn't want to give him a lift back cos he was a bit strange, and there was no point my friend doing it. Her husband was happy to drop him off when he got home, but he wasn't back at that point so off the guy went. Random! When I was finally on the drive home, I saw the coppers pull over a car with this little old couple in it. I can't imagine what they did, but I imagined them to be foul-mouthed heathens, like Betty White in Lake Placid (thanks for reminding me of her recently Timbo!).



What else have I done/seen? Hmm. Not a lot.

I'm going to go and have some Rice Krispies.

2 comments:

Tim said...

That whole car-breaking thing sucks!! But the pub looks nice. I'd imagine there are worse places to get stranded, although three hours is a tad excessive if you'd planned on being home by then.

iPandah said...

Well yes, it's certainly handy to get stranded in a place that serves food and drink all day! But it did mean that by the time I managed to travel home, it was rush hour = never good!