Friday, September 26, 2008

No, you can't die of insomnia


Lately, my insomnia has reached new heights and I don't even bother going to bed now, until ridiculous am. I figured it would be more productive to just get on t'interweb for a few hours, rather than spending two hours in bed, tossing, turning, deciding what's left on my iPod to listen to etc. I'm worried about getting into a bad pattern, which will ultimately worsen the whole thing. But I'm not doing much about it. I found some Nytol the other day and took that, but it just made me feel kind of drunk, but not sleepy drunk. I need to sort it out really, and plan to use this time to effectively research sleeping aids. You'd think I'd have thought of that before now, but I haven't. I tell you what though, I've found out some random stuff on my nightly internet trawls:

- The first ever film clip filmed, was made by some French dude who lived in Leeds near Roundhay Park (Michael Jackson performed at Roundhay park to give you an idea of scale and venue type, though it is an actual park, all very bizarre). Anyway, this French dude, and all the people in the film, ALL died in mysterious circumstances. Weird ey? I actually spent a long time reading about this but am trying to provide edited highlights so as not to bore those of you who CAN sleep.



- Abraham Lincoln was well interesting! He was 6'4" which was gigantic in those days, and was born in a one-room log cabin to two farmers (male and female obviously, nothing Brokebackish going on there). They were totally uneducated but moved around a fair bit to escape harsh conditions. Then, Abe's mum died of Milk Sickness (see below). Some other stuff happened, and then he was shot. Again, I'm skimming here.



- Milk Sickness, ever heard of it? Well, it's also known as 'tremetol poisoning or in animals as trembles, and is characterized by trembling, vomiting, and severe intestinal pain that affects individuals who eat dairy products or meat from a cow that has fed on white snakeroot. Although highly rare today, milk sickness claimed thousands of lives in the early 19th century.' I copied the info off Wikipedia, as my re-writing it would have just been confusing!



- Bruce Campbell (who is my god), starred in a Starbucks campaign called 'The Way I See It', which involved famous people spouting ideas about stuff on the sides of the cups. Bruce's contribution was:

The Way I See It #65: If you're worried about getting a job--or keeping one--start a company of your own. By doing so, you'll reap the rewards of your hard work and you'll only get fired if you fail. This is the land of opportunity. Live in it.


I like the simplicity of his view, but am not sure it's always that easy!!




I found a shed load of other crap too, but I can't put it all on here. I have also watched a couple of DVDs, listened to music, and joined lots of random groups on Facebook. Ooh, and I've read Tim's Blog lots too, which entertained me more than any of this other gubbins. Laughing hysterically in the middle of the night seems so much more enjoyable than it does in the middle of the day for some reason. Maybe it's just sleep deprivation that makes you feel funny, who knows?!!

Hefty drew my attention to this today, a story on BBC News about two sisters from Sweden who, upon being caught on camera walking down the central reservation of the M6, decided to make a run for it! I can only recommend that you watch the video! There's nothing gory on it, it's just maniacal!!!

A couple of Swedish meatballs

I don't think I've ever posted so many photos and links before, I'm not sure what's come over me. Maybe the insomnia has unleashed some kind of creative genius in me! Then again, it really is only a few pictures and a couple of links.

Last week, I did something slightly bonkers, I signed up for World of Warcraft. No really. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and because Padical is a Level 70 Dwarf Priest (that's effing amazing apparently), I thought I'd be in good hands. He sent me a link and off I went. God I was bad, I mean, REALLY bad. People immediately tried to fight with me because I was an easy kill. Kind of unfair I thought, but it's common in WoW. I spent a few hours trying to kill stuff, then left because I felt overwhelmed, confused, and a failure! I have yet to go back, I am too scared! Isn't that rubbish? At least it was a free trial, I haven't paid for it or anything. I've never been very into computer games, I got to about Level 4 on Mario! Ha! How bad is that! I lose interest if I can't do something. I feel I should venture back in to the World, but whether I will, I do not know.....

Right, I'm offski!

Ciao for now!

iP

3 comments:

Tim said...

Milk Sickness?! Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilk Sickness?! God good! I drink so much milk! What if I get it!?

*hyperventilates*

That's spooky about the people on the first film clip. Did the camera steal their souls?!

iPandah said...

I reckons so Timmy, I reckons so.....

*quickly burns camera just in case....

:0)

(By the way, you can't get Milk Sickness where you are, milk is processed and tested for stuff like that, fear not!!!)

Carlito86 said...

This post has really made me laugh. And WTF is with the Swedish girls?!!