Saturday, September 01, 2007

£8.60


So, I went to IKEA. I skipped all the furniture stuff, cos we are, after all, strictly a Habitat only house in that area. I had a dodgy trolly, always annoying, and by the time I got to the market-place, it'd pissed me off so much that I resorted to kicking the wheels in rage! It didn't do a sodding thing, but it allowed me to vent spleen whlist appearing normal to the outside world (just). Ooh, I did go through the children's section first, hoping to pick something up for the Biz, but it was rather uninspiring, which upset me, cos kid's departments in any shop are usually my favourite bit. But anyways, in the market-place, I bought:

- A big stripy bag for 79p
- A pack of 10 storage bags that looked like party bags to me but with a seal at the top and in yellow and orange rather than Disney themed, for 99p
- A soap dish for the ensuite cos we didn't have one and Habitat have stopped doing most of the ones we liked, for 99p
- A pack of 2 bendy chopping boards for Hefty, for 99p
- 3 scented candles for my sister, 99p each
- A pack of 100 tealights, also for my sister,
- 2 funky green plastic dog bowls for my impending arrival, only 19p each!

So, for £8.60, I think I did quite well, cos the last time I popped into Habitat for a few bits, I spent £57.80.
It wasn't too bad in there either, though there was a scattering of chavs (it's to be expected), but they were mostly in the food bit eating hot dogs (at half 9 in the morning).

I then nipped to Borders and had lunch in Starbucks, but resisted the urge to go next door into Habitat, and instead bought a couple of books for the Biz. Then I went home via the chemist and doctors, and decided to have a snooze, cos I was pretty knacked out at this point.

I left at 4.30pm to pick Hefty up, and spent an HOUR queuing in gridlocked traffic in Leeds city centre. It was a nightmare! It usuall takes about half an hour for me to get to his office, pick him up and get home again, so this was ridiculous! When I eventually got him, we went to Costco for some goodies, then went home for Chinese, which was pretty damn good. We watched 'An evening with Kevin Smith' whilst we ate, then turned it off so we could watch 'The IT Crowd.' Last week's episode was hilarious, and this week's was rather funny too, so I've changed my mind about it.

Then, we went to bed and watched 'Babylon 5.' It was about halfway through the second series, where the Centauries start a war with the Narns for no good frikkin reason at all! G'Kar was so upset that it made me upset and I was crying my eyes out and calling Londo every name under the sun. I HATE him, and I felt bad for G'Kar cos Na'Toth was nowhere to be seen! So he was all alone and upset, I just wanted to hug him and help him destroy the evil Centauries, those mothereffing punks! >:0(

Sigh. Poor G'Kar :0(

Today, Hefty's getting his hair cut, so we're visiting the rents, getting his hair done then having lunch at Caffe Nero, as per the usual Hefty Hair Cut protocol.

Oh dear, I'm having a nosebleed, will catch you later people.

Bleed......

2 comments:

Tim said...

That sounds like a quality bit of IKEA-ing. And don't get me started on the Borders/Starbucks combo - that's my idea of heaven.

I never really got into B5. I hated the first two seasons, loved the third, then hated the rest. Oh, except for the TV movies, which were pretty good, 'specially 'In the Beginning.'

Carlito86 said...

Do you live in Leeds? I do - I think I must have come across this blog the same day you wrote it - I got stuck in the same traffic coming home and it took me hours!!