Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I love a bit of dust(er)

So, Season 3 (or Series 3, if you're British) of BSG arrived on Saturday, and Hefty and I started watching it. We missed it when it was on TV cos it aired not long after we'd moved, and we'd cancelled SKY on account of it being shit. Anyway, it's brilliant, REALLY good, have loved it so far, but one thing puzzles me. What is WITH Apollo's fat suit? Okay, so he's not been doing that much since everyone decided to go to New Caprica, but nobody else is fat, is it integral to the plot? Hefty thinks there might be an episode where he's trying to escape from something and has to get through a hole or tube and can't fit or something. I'm not really sure, but whereas I used to look at Apollo and think "YES! You're my favourite character, you rule hero-type dude!", now I just think, "Hmm, Tim Allen in The Santa Clause." It's so bad, it's funny, so I REALLY hope he either loses it, or it somehow plays a part in the plot. I guess as we've only watched 4 episodes, only time will tell....

In other news, I have purchased a lovely French Connection coat, that will not only keep me warm and look cool, it's the same colour as Flexo (my car)!! I also got some very funky dish cloths and dusters from Waitrose the other day, with a super-kitsch design on them, tremendous!!! We've been shopping with Waitrose online for a couple of months now, and it's brilliant!! Much wider variety of stuff than Sainsbury's, and we get freebies sometimes too! Plus, the website's much easier to use, and less faff all round is always a Brucie bonus!!

And that's about all I have to say today.

2 comments:

Tim said...

I've not picked up BSG season three yet, but fully intend to over the next few days or so. I hope there's a Rocky-esque sequence of Apollo jogging round Galactica to shed those extra pounds - that would be hilarious!

iPandah said...

Wow! Here's hoping! I love a good training montage!