Friday, August 31, 2007

Flat-pack filth

I'm off today, hurrah! I've just done a spot of tidying, then I'm going to the Post Office for Hefty, then I'm going to do something I don't do very often.............go to IKEA! As a Habitat-aholic, IKEA aint somewhere I frequent much, but JT wants a catalogue, so I thought I'd pop in and get her one and have a good look round! It makes me feel kind of dirty......but also kind of good...!!

Reminds me of a story my friend told me actually. Her Mum was on one of those gay HR team building things that you get forced to go on, and they were in a room where some woman had put large pieces of paper down. She said, "Right, if you try and build flat-pack furniture without instructions, stand on sheet A. If you read the instructions first, stand on B. If you start building it and then realise you're probably going to need instructions, stand on C." So all these people stood on the various bits of paper, but my friend's Mum stayed sat down. "What's wrong?" said the woman, "Don't you understand the concept?"
"Oh it's not that," said my friend's Mum, "I just don't buy flat-pack furniture."

Genius. If I wasn't giving up work I'd devote all my spare time to dreaming up the kind of shit these nobbers HATE! Maybe I will anyway, and then market it. Though that might make me as bad as them. Ooh it's a quandry....

So anyway, I'm offski, will report back soon!

:0)

2 comments:

Tim said...

I love IKEA. You can pick up so much stuff and still only spend £1.37.

iPandah said...

This is true, except I spent £8.60, but still, that's pretty good!