Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Star Trek - Go and see it, NOW!


OHMYGOD! So, Star Trek is the BEST film EVER! I was captivated, mesmerised, thoroughly awesomed out the whole time! I want to see it again and again and again! Truly, it exceeded all my expectations, and I was expecting something pretty darn good! I can't discuss it much without giving it away, but I think one of my favourite things about it was that unlike some remakes, references to the original aren't thrown in in a clanging hit you in the face kind of way. They're there, but there's not millions of them, and they're done well, so well, that if you aren't a fan and you go see it, you're not going to feel you've missed something. But then if you are a fan, you go 'Ah, cool' and smile more!

All round bitchiness people, go see it!!!

*for some reason, you can't get a decent picture of the new peeps when you Google it, which is really weird frankly, but hey. So I just stuck with the original chaps!

2 comments:

Tim said...

Amazing, isn't it? I think new Kirk needs to do a version of Mr Tambourine Man, though…

iPandah said...

'Hey, hey Mr Tambourine Man!!!!' The Shatner Shout, can it be recreated? I feel Chris Pine needs to do something different, it's not easy to top the Shat. However I'd happily watch Spock/Sylar do a rendition of 'Bilbo Baggins'!