Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday Ramblings


Last night I went to Ming and Francoise's house for dinner and a film. The film in question was 'Twilight,' which I still haven't made my mind up about. We spent a lot of the film shouting 'Get on with it!' and looking confused at some of the mega randomness going on. I half wondered if I needed to watch it again to 'get it,' but I've now come to the conclusion that it's the concept that appeals to me, so really I should just buy the books.

I really need to watch series 2 of Dexter because 3 is currently showing and we've been Sky+ing it. Agh! That means I need to put a whole day aside and just sit and watch it! It's not that I don't have a whole day (or all the days) to do this, it's just one of the reasons I'm so crap at watching TV is that I have to be in the mood, and I'm very often not. I can pick up a book any time and just start reading, but watching something is a real chore. I know I'll enjoy it once I've got going, but I'm struggling with the 'getting going' part.



Yesterday, I was uber pro-active and successfully organised our study. This was a major task, as although we have the main components of a study (book cases, filing cabinets), we have thus far failed to do any kind of filing. Small piles of post turn into big piles of post, and with nowhere to put them (without effort being involved), they invariably get stuffed into a bag and re-stuffed in a cupboard. SO, I decided enough was enough, and I was gonna do me a cull! Seven (yes SEVEN) hours later, all our post was filed and nicely put away. All envelopes (because if we know it's a bank statement we don't bother opening it) in the recycling bin, along with the junk mail, and the shredding box is now full of stuff to shred (funnily enough)! I can keep on top of it now that I have drawers to put things in, so I really feel quite pleased with myself :0)

Today I might try and get some Dexter in, but I also wanted to have a good clean of the house. However, I'm also trying to write a book, and I really need to get on with it, as I have an outline, a title, characters, plot, but so far, one paragraph. I think I tried too hard to write it, as in, I was trying to write what would be the finished version, but I have now realised that really, I just need to write lots and lots and then I can go back and change stuff. Blimey, seems like I have a lot to do today.

The weather is pretty miserable here today, rainy and grey, most depressing. But, I guess it means I can do all of the above without thinking I'm missing out on the funshine.

I'm sat in bed as I write this, large mug of filter coffee, Ozzy at my side, it's all good, but I feel the need to mention a phenomenon that has become apparent. For some reason, Ozzy smells like digestives. Mainly his paws, but when he moves, a whiff drifts my way. I've noticed this throughout his lifespan, and have no idea why this should be. However, there's something rather comforting about it, so it's all good by me.



Right, it's nearly 9.30am, best get up, will need to take Hefty to work shortly, and then on with my 'To Do' list.

Toodle.

4 comments:

Carlito86 said...

You should defo read Twilight, its one of my favourite books now!

iPandah said...

Ooh sold! Thanks! :0)

Tim said...

Now I want some digestives…

iPandah said...

They smell amazing, which is worrying....