Saturday, July 14, 2007

Days out and gacky eyes


Well, my migraine continued (or rather, re-started) on Tuesday, and I also had a horribly busy day at work. But, on Wednesday, as part of our annual dossfest, I got to go to the Great Yorkshire Show! After a lot of the torrential storms that have been frequenting the country of late, I was concerned it would be a water-logged washout of an event, but, it was sunny, sunny, sunny! And the ground was dry! A good start I felt. I went with a fellow comrade called Lise, and we were at the company stand for 8am (thanks to a nifty travel idea I came up with), tucking into fancy bacon sandwiches, and chin-wagging with the field team. We then hit the stalls at 9am, and they were nice and quiet, enabling me to purchase 12 packets of Seabrooks crisps in a big fancy Seabrooks bag for 2 punds, and a Jordan's cereal goody bag for 5 punds, which contained a box of cereal, 2 bags of muesli, and a couple of boxes of cereal bars! Bargain! Cos 1 bag of stuff (my fave is maple and pecan) normally costs £3.49, so to get all that was a steal! I also bought some Biltong (3 bags) for Hefty, as he loves it. It's a beef jerky type thing from Africa, and he fell in love with it after South African Caryn sent him some last year. We also managed to caj some free samples, and went to this fab ice cream parlour, where we had Toffaberry sundaes, which were cinder toffee ice cream things with rasperries, caramel, marshmallows and raspberry coulis. Yum! They were really good, almost phenomenal! We then went back to the company stand for lunch, which was also pretty good, and we chatted some more to the field team and some farmers. The ones from the ASDA advert turned up, and it was a surreal Hollywood style moment - for a lot of people it seemd - but not for me and Lise. We were forced to meet them, but we were trying to slope off and get some free bread from the Warburtons stand! We had another wander round, tried to win a giant stuffed cow but failed and cried, then nearly wet ourselves with laughter at this wooden carvings stand, cos there were some very clever carvings, but some of the wood had been left on and the animal ones looked like they had club foots! Or should that be feet?!! Anyway, they looked WRONG!
We left at about 3pm and didn't hit any traffic which was another Brucie bonus! A good day out all in all!

On Thursday, I can't remember what I did. At all. Worrying. Hmm.....

Oh well. On Friday, it was just me and JT in our department, but she was super busy all day so we hardly spoke. Luckily, SuperSaz was also in, so I spoke to her instead! It was a pretty shitty day though, a lot of stuff went wrong, and I started to think there might be something in this Friday the 13th malarkey after all. I also walked in to a coat stand, and really hurt my left-eye :0( It was bloody painful, and I even cried. By the time I'd left work and gone to pick Hefty up, I was just sat in the car crying cos I'd had such a bad day! Not something I do very often, but it really had been that bad! We went home, and SuperSaz came round and we had Chinese. She stayed over too, but we all went to bed quite early cos we were all knackered for some reason!

Today, we got up and went to the village gala, held at the fire station. It was pretty good, though I wanted Hefty to win me a giant stuffed dog (to make up for the cow), and as he'd stayed at home, we had to wait for him to get ready and walk down. He only had to have a shower and a sammich, but it took him an hour and a half!! By the time he arrived, a lot of the stalls had packed up! Also, we discovered he's not really good at EVERYTHING, cos to win a dog you had to throw balls at tins and knock em off, and he was rubbish. With 4 balls he missed twice and managed to knock over 1 can. Useless. Then he got pissed off because he's used to being good at everything. He wouldn't have another go either because he was in a mood, so we all went home.

When we got home, I had a really bad hayfever attack, and had to go to bed. When I woke up, my eyes were so gacky they were stuck together and I couldn't open them! We had to bathe them, and now they're still sticky, but also really sore. Not amusing!

Tomorrow, I'm meeting my sister and the Biz, at the shopping centre near us. Who knows what it will bring! Chaos I'm sure if the Biz has anything to do with it! Little punk! She rules! :0)

So there. Me and my sticky eyes are going to try and watch CSI:NY.

Atchoo. Pah! >:0(

2 comments:

Tim said...

Oh no! You're totally in the wars, aren't you? I think you need to make Hefty practise his throwing balls at tins thing, because that sounded pretty pathetic - unless it was a fix of course, and all the tins were glued to the stand or something.

It's nice to see cows having fun on rope swings. I'm always concerned that cows don't have enough fun.

iPandah said...

Indeed, he wasx really annoyed about it!

Cows have LOADS of fun! Rope swings are only the half of it! They have skates, bikes, and even those hover board things from Back To The Future II. If I could sell my own milk for a lifestyle like that, you can bet your ass I would!